вторник, 10 июня 2014 г.

LUXURY LODGE

LUXURY LODGE

Off to South Africa for this week’s House Crush. This has got to be the coolest, most luxurious safari lodge ever, no? I first spotted it in Elle Deco Philippines while travelling yonks ago, and it immediately sparked fantasies of running off on safari holidays and drinking in South African sunsets. The outdoor deck is to die for. It’s what I’m always banging on about, treating your outdoor space as another room. It might be chilly October back in the UK, but I drag sheepskins and slubby blankets outside, cook up something hot on the outdoor kitchen and huddle around the firepit well into winter! Crazy maybe, but I love it.


Back inside, the colour palette is beautiful but really simple, all earthy browns and natural hues. It’s texture that’s the big story here, and this lodge is a masterclass in how to nail the look. The raw concrete, stone table, rough-hewn walls and thatch play off beautifully with luxurious linens, velvets and oodles of hammered metal. Love! Speaking of, you can see more of my top tips for using texture here, and here’s Apartment Therapy used my bedroom as a case study in using textures. Anyway enjoy the pics and I hope this house crush gets your inspiration juices flowing!


Original article and pictures take cdn.shopify.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий