четверг, 27 августа 2015 г.

Pressboard needs love, too

Pressboard needs love, too

I purchased this desk

against my better judgement...

I knew it had some pressboard

but the elderly woman was so sweet,

I really wanted to bring her little desk new life



I custom mixed a lovely blue

(it's not nearly as bright as these photos!)

and got busy...



As you can see, I got about 90% done

I painted inside the drawers

waxed the outside...

I tried, really, I did!


But I just can't do it.

My rule is solid wood only...

and although this looks darling

and has survived nearly perfectly

since 1960

I can't, in good conscience,

sell it

and ship it


Because I know I'd be disappointed in the quality

and my other rule is

I only sell things I'd be proud to own...


So this little cutie is going on Craigslist

or maybe I can find a little girl

in the neighborhood to love it...



This was my inspiration

along with my custom mixed color...

I think I'll save it for another piece...

I do have a lovely vanity awaiting paint!


Original article and pictures take stiltskinstudios.blogspot.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий